Phone: +1 (407) 639 - 0221    
WhatsApp us


Browse F.A.Q. Topics


  • What can I do at the weekends or after school?

    During your time at JUST GO LANGUAGES, there will be a full range of events, activities and excursions for you to enjoy. These will vary from week to week, and you can find details of what's going on in the school, online via Facebook and Instagram, and also on our bulletin board.

    Also, you can enjoy all the attractions and Theme Parks that Orlando has to offer! All of them are just a few minutes by car from our school!

  • What will happen on my first day?

    On your first day, you should arrive at JGL by 08.30am in the morning. There will be a welcome talk and tour of the school for you and your fellow new students. You'll have lots of opportunity to meet the other students who will soon be your new friends, as well as your teachers and the other staff who are here to support you.

    You will be given a short test to complete so that we can place you in the appropriate class for your ability.

  • When do courses start?

    Our courses start every Monday, year round, except on days the school is closed, Classes will resume on the next business day.

  • Will I get a certificate?

    Yes, provided you attend over 80% of your lessons, you will receive an end-of-course or an attendance certificate when you leave.

  • How will I know which course is best for me?

    Knowing the type of course that best benefit you, is key. This is why, JGL offers two great options depending on your needs. 

    If you are thinking on improving your English language while you are on vacation, the Multi-Skill Semi-Intensive course is for you.

    If you are planning on staying longer (12 or more weeks), opt for the Intensive English Course. JGL will help you process the F1 Student Visa.

  • How long can I stay in the U.S. with a F1 visa?
    When you enter the US, an immigration officer at the port of entry will issue you an I-94 card that indicates your non-immigrant status (F1) and your authorized stay. It is typically “Duration of Status” or “D/S” on a student’s I-94 card, meaning that you may remain in the U.S. as long as you are enrolled in the school to complete your academic program. After the program ends you will have 60 days to depart the U.S. If you need to renew your F1 student visa contact your student services representative.   Disclaimer: JGL is not an immigration organization. Our primary service is processing language training, and this post is meant only to serve as an informational introduction to help our international students understand the basics about student visas F1. For more information about visa please visit:   When you obtain an I-20 student visa, you’re open to not only visit other countries, but now have access to thousands of different learning opportunities from thousands of different schools that provide knowledge and education that might not be attainable in your own country. Often, going out-of-country to pursue an education will open up to you greater educational advantages that may not have previously been available, along with the opportunity to attend schools with more specified curriculums that can better help you reach your personal goals and pursue your interests, even your career choices.   Many of the educational institutions in the United States are of the highest quality, and can provide you with the best learning experience and the most opportunities. Also, many federal programs exist within the United States Government that can help you get grants and loans that will help with the cost of housing and living expenses, helping you stay more focused on your studies rather than your cost of living.   To obtain a student visa, the first step is to contact the educational institution you wish to enroll in and obtain a form from them, which will define the specifics of the school and courses you will be enrolling in. This form will inform the embassy that they will be responsible for you when you attend that school.   Once your confirmation is obtained by the school you will be attending and your financial details are set in order, the school will send you the forms necessary to obtain your visa. After these steps are taken, you must register yourself in the SEVIS database online, which contains information of foreign students in the U.S. and is maintained by the U.S. government. Another form must also be filled out, the DS 160 for non-immigrant visas. An interview must then be set up with the embassy at their home country, in which you will need to provide all of the necessary documents for applying for a visa. If the visa is granted, you will be notified in writing, and then will be able to stay in the U.S. for the allotted time determined by the time it takes to complete your course in the school being attended.   Be sure to also have a passport!
  • Can I work in the U.S.?
    F-1 visas are intended to enable foreign students to study in the U.S., hence, there are strict work restrictions. Students with F-1 visas are generally allowed to work on the campus of the school at which they study for up to 20 hours a week. There are also two training programs that F-1 students can get permission to work under. F1 students should always seek advice from the DSO (or foreign student advisor) before seeking employment in the United States. For more information on employment for international students follow this link.
  • Can I transfer to a different school?
    Yes. You must notify your current school and work with the designated school official (DSO) or (PDSO) to transfer your SEVIS record. You also need to obtain a new I-20 from your new school, and give the completed I-20 to your new DSO within 15 days of transfer date. JGL accepts qualified ‘Change of Status’ (COS) students on a case-by-case basis. The first step is to provide student documentation: Application Form (I-20), Valid Passport (minimum 6 months), Valid Visa, Valid I-94, Last 3 Bank Statements demonstrating ‘Proof of Funds’ (equivalent to $1,500 per month of study). If funds are coming from a sponsor, please provide a sponsor ‘Form’ and the sponsor’s copy of passport.
  • Can I travel outside the US?
    Yes. You may return to the US after an absence of no more than five months. You must have a new F1 visa if your original one has expired. Have your designated school official sign your I-20 before leaving the US.
  • What are the requirements for F1 student visas?
    You must be attending an academic institution or a language-training program; You must be enrolled as a full-time student; The school must be approved by the USICE (U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement) to accept foreign students; You must show sufficient financial support to complete the study; You must prove that you do not intend to abandon your foreign residency.